Monday 8 August 2011

Photographer. Director. Babysitter.







In these ever changing times we all have to be open to reinvention in our careers. Using myself as an example, I am a photographer, a director and now a baby-sitter for famous people.

Recently, I shot Chantal Kreviazuk for her upcoming concert DVD. While Chantal was in make-up, her littlest one, Salvador Daniel was hanging on to her chair trying to spin her around (apparently this is dangerous while applying mascara). 

So I asked Sal if I could take his picture. Sal agreed, made me sign some release forms (he is barely 4). Next, Rowan the eldest came around the corner with his other brother Lucca John. So I shot them all. The shots are all very sweet, all very real and all without a touch of my signature quirk.

Kids are great to photograph. And the more I've been shooting and directing them, the more I like it! So bring me your famous people. Bring me their kids. And maybe even their dogs! But wait, that's another story for another time.